We all need to work together to keep healthy in light of the ongoing situation.
As a result of consultation with relevant bodies and following advice from PHE/PWTAG, Chesterton Sports Centre will remain open to accommodate the ever increasing need for physical, emotional and mental fitness as long as staffing levels allow.
We ask all members/customers to follow the latest advice of ‘social distancing’ by keeping the minimum of 2 meters distance in all activity areas.
Furthermore, we are taking the following steps from the 23rd March 2020:
• Reception will no longer be able to accept cash payments. We will continue to accept card payments and members will be given their PIN code over the telephone which will allow online access to book and pay for activities, and manage memberships.
• Provide online solutions to enable you to remain active in these challenging times.
• Move fitness classes to bigger areas or reduce maximum participation numbers.
• Encourage swimming as Public Health England confirmed that coronavirus would be inactivated at the levels of chlorine used in swimming pools.
• Encourage customers to play badminton/tennis/table tennis.
• Strongly discourage group bookings, where ‘social distancing’ cannot be achieved.
Following advice, we have taken the pre-cautionary measure of closing the sauna until further notice. Membership fees will be amended and communicated to users.
Of course, as the situation develops, any planned changes to the current practice will be communicated with you as soon as possible. Please visit our website for the most up to date information.
If you have any questions regarding this matter, please email email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of enquiries, we kindly request your patience in awaiting a reply.
Finally, we would also like to thank you for your custom and continued support through these difficult times, your kind comments and cooperation through these changes have been appreciated by us all.